Wednesday 12 January 2011

THE NAUGHTY STAIR

The Lovely Bones

Six film of recent vintage that I saw for the first time last year which were, to say the least, a disappointment to me. They range from the just plain awful to the misconcieved, the totally unecessary, and those that suffered from the sin of pretentiousness - to which individual films I attach these various labels I will leave it up to you to guess. In alphabetical order :

THE BOX (2009) Richard Kelly

THE FALL (2006) Tarsem Singh

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS (2009) Quentin Tarantino

THE LOVELY BONES (2010) Peter Jackson

SERAPHIM FALLS (2006) David Von Ancken

SHERLOCK HOLMES (2009) Guy Ritchie

3.1o TO YUMA (2007) James Mangold

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

I cannot remember exactly how many people have steered me away from the YUMA remake. And now here's another warning. I'm certainly glad I have my dvd of the original to watch whenever I want.

wellyousaythat said...

I think of Onglorious Basterds as James Coburn trapped inside Jim Carrey's body

Weaverman said...

A perfect description!